photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Help Me Pick a New Chandelier!

image In true designer form, as soon as I finished decorating my house to have it photographed for my website and the SMP Living feature, I was itching to start over again! I have already identified several things within my home that I am ready to update. I am usually very decisive when making decisions for clients, but this has proven to be much more difficult when picking things out for myself, at least when it comes to certain pieces. Case in point: the Extra Large Hicks Pendant from Circa Lighting that hangs over my breakfast table. It’s a bold, statement-making piece and while I still love it, it’s become so popular, that I think I may be ready to give something else a try. What do you think?

image

{I have also toyed with the idea of replacing our simple wood table with a white marble-topped Eero Saarinen Tulip Table. I was this close to ordering it but it wouldn’t have made it in time for the shoot and it’s been on the back burner ever since.}

image

{View from Family Room towards Breakfast Room}

I have narrowed it down to two options:

 

image

{Option 1: I have loved this Choros Chandelier by Barry Goralnick since it was introduced last year. The contrast of the Aged Iron and Antique Brass is beautiful while the shape is so organic and really makes a statement.}

image

{Option 2: I also love the elegant simplicity and clean, open lines of the Darlana Lantern in Gilded Iron. It is a chic piece that lends itself beautifully to any style space.}

Please help me choose! Should I go for one of these options or stick with the Hicks?

Signature-3

If you’d like help transforming your house into a home you love, contact me about my design services.

29 comments:

Lianna@theresnoplacelikehomemke.com said...

I like the first one! So glamorous!

Circa Lighting said...

Both such beautiful choices! The Choros Chandelier definitely makes a statement but we love the darling Darlana!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely adore the first one. I think it lends a feminine touch to your room.

Melissa said...

I love the Choros Chandelier!

Yolonda | Style Fragment said...

I think Option is best for your style chairs and table! It's beautiful.

My Notting Hill said...

The lantern is nice but I think the Chandelier would complete the space. W/the curves I think it seems more like your style - plus the 2 finishes are so elegant.

Sarah's Fab Day said...

I think that the tulip table would look great with the Choros chandlier. I agree with My Notting Hill, the Choros seems more your style.

Sandra said...

I vote for Option 2.

Anonymous said...

The first one!
~Karen
http://fashionboardconfessional.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

love them both!! but think option 2 may stand out more with your dark walls. And boy I can totally relate with being able to help clients make decisions -it takes me FOREVER to do something in my own home and then we I finally pull the trigger I am already tired of it and want to start over! LOL
Looking forward to having coffee with you soon!!

Shannon said...

I've been in love with that lantern forever, and I think it would look fabulous in your space!

Unknown said...

If these are the two in the running, go with the Choros Chandelier by Barry Goralnick.

jackie jade said...

out of these two - i'd pick the second one, but they are both great! can't wait to see what you choose :)
-- jackie @ jade and oak

Laura S UES said...

I'd say the Choros, especially if you go for the tulip table (which, incidentally, I think would be a fabulous choice for your space).

Capella said...

I prefer option 2 - I see the hicks pendant everywhere - its soo good, but I always prefer being unique.

tatiana said...

I vote option 2

Dawna Jones Design said...

I love # 2! # 1 is stunning, but what you would expect to find in a dining room.

Tammy Culpepper said...

Great choices, but my gut says the Choros. I recently used the Vendome and Ziyi in clients spaces and they're beautiful also (not to confuse you more)! I can totally relate to mental block when it comes to our own homes. Good luck, it's going to be beautiful regardless!

Quick Decor said...

LOVE the lantern!

Unknown said...

Option #1!

Anonymous said...

Neither. You have lovely light in that corner. Don't waste it. Soften your interiors by going with something with crystals. You will love this look!

lamb and blonde said...

I vote for Option 2. I think that light would look beautiful in that space.

diane said...

I would stick with the Hicks and use the $ saved to purchase that new dining table. While the Hicks is popular, lanterns have really been overdone!

Anonymous said...

First one hands down. It has that wow factor that the other one doesn't.

Anne

Trisha Wray said...

All three fixtures are lovely...but I say, ditch the Hicks. It feels too heavy for the space. The lantern is gorgeous, but I see this more over a kitchen island -a pair, maybe. My choice would be the Choros. I like the balanced contrast of the circular shape over the square table, and the wavy curves reflect your dining chairs. Perfecto!

Glitterati said...

2nd :)

Kate said...

The lantern!

Sista said...

My vote is for the Choros. I agree with the comments that the Hicks is too heavy? Te Choros is elegant and will be beautiful and a great fit in your room?

Anonymous said...

I say, if you still like it - keep it! It's kind of frivolous to replace things because they become too popular, trendy, or even unpopular. If you no longer like it however, that's reason to change it.

Leslie