photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, July 22, 2013

Color Crush: Turquoise

Color Crush: Turquoise via La Dolce Vita | www.ladolcevitablog.com {Rich Shades of Turquoise at Francois Gilles Moroccan Home via House of Turquoise}
Most variations of blue and green are beautiful, primarily because they are derived from nature. It’s easy to compare a shade of blue to the sky or the sea. Turquoise is particularly beautiful because it essentially marries blue and green, resulting in a spectrum of hues that range from pale and complementary to rich and bold. I like multiple shades of turquoise, though I am most attracted to the saturated versions as well as to the pure color of beautiful turquoise stones. As I thought about this post, I spotted a few turquoise accents throughout my house, though admittedly, it’s not a color that I often use in interiors. I do however, have a big penchant for turquoise jewelry and any time I am choosing between semi-precious stones, I almost always go for turquoise. I can’t help myself! After all it is a versatile, flattering, and fun color to wear. Are you a big fan of turquoise?
Color Crush: Turquoise via La Dolce Vita | www.ladolcevitablog.com {The turquoise grasscloth wallpaper and lacquered desk selected by Kimberley Ayres for this room make a bold statement, yet maintain a subtle, elegant quality.}
Color Crush: Turquoise via La Dolce Vita | www.ladolcevitablog.com {Turquoise looks particularly striking when paired with other shades of blue as Meredith Heron did in her bedroom, pairing a turquoise nightstand with navy walls.}
Color Crush: Turquoise via La Dolce Vita | www.ladolcevitablog.com {Arkansas-based designer, Melissa Haynes used turquoise as an accent color in this dining room, opting for turquoise trim on the dining chairs and bench paired with turquoise hanging lanterns.}
Color Crush: Turquoise via La Dolce Vita | www.ladolcevitablog.com {My pal, Jamie Meares chose turquoise as the dominant color of choice for this bedroom she designed for a client’s teen daughter.}
Color Crush: Turquoise via La Dolce Vita | www.ladolcevitablog.com {Muted Shades of Turquoise work Beautifully with Blue | Image via House of Turquoise, the Mecca for All Things Turquoise!}
Color Crush: Turquoise via La Dolce Vita | www.ladolcevitablog.com {Blending seamlessly with the sky and the sea, turquoise looks truly beautiful outdoors.}
Color Crush: Turquoise via La Dolce Vita | www.ladolcevitablog.com [A Gorgeous Pale Turquoise Kitchen by Erika Powell of Urban Grace}
Color Crush: Turquoise via La Dolce Vita | www.ladolcevitablog.com {A More Saturated Turquoise Hue in a High Gloss finish lines the back of these Lucite Bookshelves | Image via Pinterest, Original Source Unknown}
Color Crush: Turquoise via La Dolce Vita | www.ladolcevitablog.com {Kelly Wearstler loves turquoise in all its variations. | Image via Anne Sage}
Color Crush: Turquoise via La Dolce Vita | www.ladolcevitablog.com{Designer Hilary Thomas selected a turquoise chandelier and stools for this client’s entryway.}
Color Crush: Turquoise via La Dolce Vita | www.ladolcevitablog.com {I don’t typically gravitate towards turquoise on the fashion front with the exception of jewelry. So much of my jewelry is turquoise! Here, Kate Middleton’s dress is lined with turquoise stones.}
Color Crush: Turquoise via La Dolce Vita | www.ladolcevitablog.com
{Turquoise is such a pretty color on brunettes. Here, Kate Middleton wears a custom turquoise Jenny Packham gown.}
Color Crush: Turquoise via La Dolce Vita | www.ladolcevitablog.com{Miranda Kerr Looking Fresh and Effortless in a Turquoise Maxi Dress}
Color Crush: Turquoise via La Dolce Vita | www.ladolcevitablog.com {Zac Posen}
Color Crush: Turquoise via La Dolce Vita | www.ladolcevitablog.com {Burberry}
Color Crush: Turquoise via La Dolce Vita | www.ladolcevitablog.com {Rachel Zoe in a Turquoise Leather Burberry Trench}
Color Crush: Turquoise via La Dolce Vita | www.ladolcevitablog.com {Speaking of Rachel Zoe, who could forget this major Van Cleef & Arpels turquoise moment she styled for Eva Mendes at the 2009 Golden Globes? How has it been that long?! Time flies!}
Color Crush: Turquoise via La Dolce Vita | www.ladolcevitablog.com {Beautiful Turquoise Baubles by Addison Weeks}
image Color Crush: Turquoise via La Dolce Vita | www.ladolcevitablog.com
Color Crush: Turquoise via La Dolce Vita | www.ladolcevitablog.com
Color Crush: Turquoise via La Dolce Vita | www.ladolcevitablog.com


Signature-3

12 comments:

Home Chic Club said...

Love, love, love this beautiful colour to! I ad it in my kitchen, my dining room and plan to ad it in living room too!
Hugs,
Vesna

Nicole Michelle Centers said...

heavenly! My favorite color!

Nicole
www.eleganceandclutter.blogspot.com

Maurie said...

I am not a fan of bright, saturated turquoise, but I do love soft sea foam.

Unknown said...

That Burberry trench...OMG to die for!

xo
www.alluredevieblog.com

Karena said...

Paloma I adore so many of these rooms and the accessories, yum!

xoxo
Karena
2013 Artists Series

Anonymous said...

Dear Paloma, what a gorgeous curated set of a classic color!

Bisous,
Ava

http:// inspirationsalongtheway.com

Amy @ Yellow Hammer Design Shop said...

Such a great color, it really does go with everything.

csallsazar said...

I think the lady by the shelving is Lubov Azria from BCBG. I used to have her picture pop up in my feed, and I think that might be their offices.

csallsazar said...

I think the lady by the shelving is Lubov Azria from BCBG. I used to have her picture pop up in my feed, and I think that might be their offices.

Erin said...

It's is my most pinnable post of yours to date! I love it all!

amazingrace said...

one of my all time favorite colours!

Acid Reflux Treatment said...

The house looks absolutely fantastic. The color pattern is absolutely amazing. I am a great fan of blue.