photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Photo of the Day 05.09.12

apt-nicole-hanley-mellon-09_164433453068

While perusing Vogue.com the other day, I came across another “APT with LSD” feature in which style icon, Lauren Santo Domingo visits other chic and interesting women in their glamorous homes. This time, Lauren’s subject was Nicole Hanley Mellon, businesswoman, mother, and wife of Matthew Mellon. The Mellons have taken up residence at The Pierre New York, a swank hotel on Fifth Avenue with gorgeous views of Central Park. Nicole has taken a stylish and very personal approach in decorating their new home. The home features stunning artwork and an eclectic, slightly irreverent vibe. I was really struck by this image of the master bedroom. Isn’t it vibrant? Aside from the glamorous décor—lucite, fabulous artwork, etc.—I love seeing the Mellons’ baby boy and pup hanging out on the bed. How would you subtitle this image?

{Image Credit: Claiborne Swanson Frank for Vogue}

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmm, how about 'My perfect life'? Lol, looks pretty picturesque in that bedroom. Lovely photo and glad you shared.

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

TOO CUTE!!!

Erin said...

This pic just makes me smile. Such a happy space:)

Liz G said...

Oh I'm so sorry. I'm giggling here - I know you won't post this comment, but when I looked at this all I could think was "Toddler Paints with Feces... Really Well!"

Albertina said...

such a crsip fresh master! and the baby and pup make it. I love the reflection and light the artwork gives the room.

Like Me Some said...

Squealing Delight! How great is this picture?!! Super cute and a super great space!

Anonymous said...

you can have kids and be chic???? i haven't figured that one out yet... :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful bedroom, but that little kid and yorkie are just the cutest thing...brings a smile to my face!

www.donnaviningblog.com

Jennifer Dolak said...

Precious! I love everything acout this photo!