photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Beautifully Organized: Bobby Pins and Elastics

On most days, I tend to put my hair up in a pony tail, bun or chignon - any of you do the same? Here are a few ideas for keeping all those bobby pins and hair elastics organized and easily accessible:

Designate a specific spot for each type of hair accessory so that when you need an item you know where to find it. (1) A small clear vanity jar can beautifully hold hair elastics. (2) A paper clip holder works great for bobby pins since the magnetic ring makes them easy to dispense. (3) A larger container with dividers is great for separating out different sizes/types and for holding larger quantities. (4) Magnetized boxes and magnetic strips (5) adhered to the inside of a cabinet door are perfect for small spaces.

Where do you like to store your hair accessories? Share your ideas with us in the comments section!

Happy Organizing!

-Arianna

image credits: 1-via dress design decor, 2-glitter guide, 3-real simple, 4-into the gloss, 5-lucky mag, 6-life currents

5 comments:

Lisa Milam said...

I love the little box with sections for each type of bobby pin! I hate having to dig them out of the bottom of my bag and never getting the right one the first try! Love that it has a lid too!

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

oh my god - i need to use that little paper clip holder for my pins! GENIUS

Beautifulosophy said...

Great advices! Love the Lauderee cups!

Ashley Turner said...

I use drawstring jewelry bags that are sheer - one to hold elastics and one for bobby pins/clips/barretts and I keep them in a small basket with all my brushes, combs and hairbands. It works!

Hug said...

which reminds me... I have to orginize pretty much everything :)

http://1hugaday.blogspot.com/