photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tabletops Inspired by Beautiful Textiles

Pinned Image
{A Gorgeous Table Setting by Martha Angus Featuring de Gournay Wallcovering}


With the holiday season upon us, I have had entertaining on my mind lately. I recently hosted a small gathering for friends in celebration of my birthday and based the “theme” on my favorite colors, pink and orange along with the ikat invitation I chose. The fact that I based the party’s décor on an ikat pattern got me thinking about the beautiful table tops and party themes I have seen recently that have been inspired by chic and noteworthy textiles. I think these fabrics and patterns can set the perfect backdrop for a party and they are something that you can treasure for years.
Pinned Image
{This stunning table designed by Eddie Ross is centered around Quadrille’s “Kazak” pattern, a personal favorite of mine given the colorway.}
Pinned Image
{ A Detailed Shot of Eddie’s Fabulous Design}
Pinned Image
{You may recognize this lovely, Chinoiserie-inspired setting from the cover of Joe Nye’s book, Flair.}
Pinned Image
{A Pretty Orange and Pink Toile Setting by Manuel Canovas}
Pinned Image
{You can never go wrong with something classic like this black and white striped tablecloth. It can be modern or class and is a bit graphic. It works with any color palette. The possibilities for flowers, stemware, dinnerware, etc. are endless against this ideal backdrop.}
Pinned Image
{This table setting is casual and cheery, but feels rather special. I love how unified the color palette is. The casual, floral damask design on the tablecloth is informal and inviting—perfect for a gathering with family and close friends.}
Pinned Image
{This dark, earthy ikat pattern lends itself perfectly to a fall table setting.}
Which of these fabulous table settings is your favorite? Have you based a tabletop or party theme around a favorite textile?

14 comments:

L.A. in the bay said...

those pink chairs are amazing. Btw, are there going to be any more issues of High Gloss coming out? Miss it so much.

Chic Coles said...

These tablescapes are all so pretty and stylish. These are so fun to put together. Thank you so much for posting Martha Angus's tablescape. First image.

Missy Minicucci | The Rinfret Group said...

the orange and pink toile is ours (i work for manuel canovas). LOVE IT! xx

lamb and blonde said...

These table settings are all so gorgeous! Thanks for sharing them. Very inspiring!

Anonymous said...

Any idea where those amazing blue wine glasses are from in the Eddie Rose table setting? I absolutely love them!!

Tatiana Doria said...

I never thought that mixing so may patterns in one table could ever look good, but in fact, it does!

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

Ah all these images are to die for!

victoia | vmac+cheese said...

What a beautiful, inspiring post! The last one is such a unique twist on holiday table settings. The first one is the Domino cover to a T!! These are all so pretty that you almost wouldn't want to eat at them (almost).

katiedid said...

VERY difficult to pick a favorite....so I won't! I love them all, and have added them to my table top inspiration file! Thanks Paloma!

Kate {domestikatedlife} said...

I love those Eddie Ross images. And the black and white stripe fabric is always so classic and graphic -- I just posted about a bridal shower I hosted this weekend and used a similar fabric to make runners for the tables!

Viera said...

with party season ahead these table ideas are amazing inspiration.
love them all.Thanks Paloma.
X
V

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

I'd have to go with the orange/pink toile. They are all spectacular. However, I also love a simple linen as the backdrop for something revved up or paired down. Thanks!

The Buzz Blog said...

Each and every one of these tablesettings takes my breath away! So gorgeous and the pairing of the flowers with the fabrics is fabulous.
xxoo
Carolyn
The Buzz Blog

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your table settings with us. They look very fancy and elegant. I recently put in some replacement table tops in my home office and love the way they look. They add an extra dimension to the room.