photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Dream Home: Luxe + Lillies

Today’s lovely dream home comes courtesy of blogger and decorator, Keeley Overbye of the lovely blog, Luxe + Lillies. Her gorgeous dream home marks the end of the series which began eleven months ago. “Dream Home” has had a great run and has been a favorite of many readers. It has been such a treat to see what some of my favorite bloggers would do if they could do anything they wanted and build the home of their dreams without any restrictions. Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to craft their dream homes and participate in this series!

luxe + lillies


I'm so excited Paloma asked me to share my Dream Home today - and I have to say, it really couldn't have come at a better time. Last week, my husband and I bought our very first house, and will begin a major remodel in just a few weeks! It has forced me to really hone in on what I need and want... and creating this post was a really fun way to see it all come together!
 
 
I think my dream home would be a beautiful townhome located in a quaint neighborhood of Minneapolis. Walkable to shops, restaurants, parks, and other amenities the beautiful city of Minneapolis has to offer. On the backside of the townhouse would be a spacious terrace and yard in which I could host fabulous parties or simply sit and enjoy lunch.
 
 
A page from one of my favorite hotels, the JK Place Hotel in Capri - this foyer is open, bright, and welcoming. It would definitely be an unexpected statement and I love the huge table which I would adorn with orchids, silver picture frames, candles, and a few of my favorite Assouline books.
 
 
Moving through the house on the main level would be this sweet little space off of the kitchen. I like that its enclosed, and would be quiet and sunny. I crave the down time in the morning just to enjoy my coffee, catch up on email, and lay out my day... it would work perfectly for afternoon tea with a friend or two as well :)
 
 
I love the mixture of dark floors, and stark white kitchens outfitted with marble. Its an absolute classic, and always stunning. The paned windows let in lots of light, and there is an abundance of prep space which is really important to me. Maybe most importantly, is that this is a kitchen you can live in. Inevitably, guests end up in the kitchen - I want to build a kitchen that accommodates that rather than eschews it.
 
 
A dining room that can very comfortable accommodate many guests is at the top of my priority list. My husband and I both have big families who really value meal time, and I love that this space begs you to linger. The chairs look comfortable, the round table makes for easy conversation and the fireplace is inviting. The deep gray walls make it extra cozy, and the draperies give it a little punch!
 
 
A living room that is intimate, stimulating, and at the same time relaxing is one that ticks all of the boxes for me. That sofa looks so plush, and I like the idea of creating a space thats slightly less clean and organized than the rest of the house [think patterns, textures, etc] - I want a space that feels lived in.
 

 
I'm sharing two master bedrooms for two very different reasons. The first one distinctly defines the composition of the kind of master bedroom I would want. A statement bed, dark walls, clean lines, ample side tables, and a hint of glamour. The second bedroom is all about the bedding. I live for my Restoration Hardware Italian Stitch bedding and will never not have crisp, fluffy bedding. I llloovvee my bedroom - its my ultimate place of relaxation and it needs to be absolutely comfortable and soothing.
 
 
I'm continuing the same look from the kitchen up to the master bathroom. I like my bathroom to be very bright and simplistic - there is such a clean feeling using white, marble, and glass. His and hers sinks as well as great undersink-storage are a must!
 
 
I know this isn't a closet... rather a snapshot of a Tory Burch boutique - but wouldn't it make an AMAZING closet??!! Its so glamorous, so girl, and classic at the same time. I would have plenty of space for all of my items of clothing, accessories, and maybe even a little mini-bar to share some champagne with my girlfriends before a night out!
 
 
My husband and I have done a lot of traveling, and there is nothing worse that not feeling like you have a relaxing space that is all your own to come home to at the end of the day. I want my guests to feel like they are on vacation, and that the guest room is their own sanctuary where they can sleep in...
 
 
This bathroom has been on the list of my top 10 spaces since I first saw it. I love everything about it - and I love how unexpected it would be contrasted with the lighter colors in the house. It feels so glamorous to me.
 
 
As a blogger and creative, I spend a lot of time in my workspace. It would be a dream come true to have a big room like this [of Betsy Burnham] to place a huge center table, lots of storage, and room for girly accessories. I could simultaneously work on several projects at once, while staying organized!
 
 
Finally, a study. My husband and I love to play backgammon, and unwind by the fireplace. I love how close to the fire this setting is.. and its a space just for two!
 
Thanks again, Paloma for having me today!

12 comments:

Miya @ Design Indulgences said...

I am sad to see this series come to an end but I'm sure there's something fabulous awaiting. I recently read an article where Fergie gives her friends bags and wine and lets them shop her closet. That & the idea of a pre-GNO is all the more reason to have comfy seating in a luxury closet space...

lesapeamusings.blogspot said...

So much inspiration here. Thank you for sharing. My faves are the breakfast nook, the guest bedroom and the study. our family loves chess, so I see them in this study setting. Have a great week ahead.

Lisa x

Interior Chocolates said...

WOW This house is AMAZING! I agree definitely my dream house too!

DD said...

I'm liking where she is going with the mini bar in her Tory Burch sized glam closet!

Beth said...

i would love to know where that guest bed is from??? in love with it!

bethgoodman@mac.com

Angie said...

Loving those green drapes in that dining room!

Maureen Sullivan Stemberg, Interiors said...

Love, love, love this fab article.
I know I have recently seen the dining with the most lovely color of green draperies...Does anyone know was the designer? I think I may had seen it in Atlanta Homes? Thank you for a great way to start my morning.

Jacquelyn said...

These posts bring us so much inspiration! I particularly love her bedroom picks!

Marcus Design said...

Wonderful dream home! Aww, I'm kinda sad to see this series go, it was one of my favs in the blogosphere. Though I am sure you will have more where that came from!
Hugs,
Nancy xo

Da me, da noi said...

So inspiring. Keeley has everything planned :)
I'm not sure if from the pictures or Keeley's description it made me feel that this could be also my dream house. I loved the breakfast nook so bright and warm.
Xoxo

sketch42 said...

Wow, my master bedroom is someones dream master? HA! Thanks very cool....

ASHLEY said...

I love keely's style!!!