photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, September 25, 2009

Fabulous Room Friday 09.25.09

This week's Fabulous Room is part of the full floor in downtown Manhattan's Urban Glass House belonging to fashion designer, Jill Stuart and her husband. The entire apartment is featured in the October 2009 issue of Elle Decor, but it was the living area that stood our the most to me. It has such a light, ethereal quality with its clean minimal palette reminiscent of the sky.


The living room features Vica armchairs upholstered in Rogers & Goffigon fabric, a Geisha painting by artist Julian Schnabel (he's originally from Houston), a Gabriella Crespi Table, and FontanaArte floor lamp. The sculpture is by Donald Baechler and the painted milk-glass panel is by Dan Christensen.


A vintage daybed by Poul Kjærholm in the perfect shade of whiskey sits in front of the granite-based fireplace on which Ghada Amer’s Noires hangs.

When I first saw this feature in the magazine, the dining room was my favorite room right off the bat. I think it's because my parents used to have some chairs like these and it reminded me of my childhood. The dining room is just on the other side of the fireplace from the living room and features light fixtures by Carlo Scarpa, a custom-made table, and a painting by Sue Williams.

P.S. Thank you to those of you who have voted for La Dolce Vita for the Divine Caroline "Love This Site" Awards. If you haven't voted yet, please do. I can't tell you how much your support means to me! You can click here to vote or you may click on the button on the upper left corner of the blog. Merci beaucoup!



All images via Elle Decor

7 comments:

Chic Coles said...

Light and airy you said it right. Of course we will vote for you and there are 4 of us!

Rebecca June | Sea Island Drive said...

Dreamy is exactly what this place is!

xoxo

Rebecca June

deliciously organized said...

This room is just beautiful! I love that bench!

Averill said...

I love that giant Geisha painting -- stunning! Have a great weekend, Paloma!

Sanity Fair said...

Beautiful choice - I love the layering of white on white with brief pops of color.

vicki archer said...

Those rooms are just fab...Have a wonderful weekend, xv.

Jen Laceda | Milk Guides said...

Voting...