photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, December 15, 2008

Recent Projects at Casa Dolce Vita or How I Tried to Put Off Working Out

Our Christmas Tree


This morning I told myself I HAD to work out this afternoon. I don't really enjoy it, so I always end up finding something else to do. In an attempt to put off working out today, I decided to take some pictures of the little projects we've recently completed around the house.


A close-up of the ornaments... I started off with the idea of making the tree red and silver this year, but ended up adding the green ornaments because I felt that it needed something more.


Our mantel with the garland I made last year


A close-up of one of the stockings

I realized that after asking you guys for help in finding some orange pillows, I never showed you the ones that I ended up buying. The plan is to eventually replace the carpet in our living areas with dark hardwoods and I would like to get new sofas, but alas, I must work with what I've got in the time being. My husband also installed a new Selecta pendant from Circa in our breakfast room and we bought the Tango Panels from Z Gallerie for our family room.


I searched high and low and faced limited options in the orange pillow department. I ended up going with these from Crate and Barrel. I think the color complements the brown nicely, the fabric is nice quality, and the inserts are goose down, not the snazziest, but nice enough.

I was recently inspired to do a plate wall in my dining room. I am planning to buy a nice buffet to go underneath the plates. I recently missed out on a Dorothy Draper chest on Ebay that would have been perfect! Unfortunately, someone was a bit faster than me and scored it for $600! What a steal!

The plate wall as it looks today. We are planning on adding more over time.

17 comments:

said...

It looks amazing (and clean!) Oh to have a clean, non-kidified house...haven't experienced that in a long while! I wonder if Santa would bring me Alice the Maid from the Brady Bunch?

No seriously, it looks awesome. Modern without being too austere.

Anonymous said...

Love your plate wall!

Anonymous said...

Your home is lovely, Paloma, and I particularly like the drapery. Unfortunately we're treeless this year because we're not at home long enough for the holidays. I'll just admire your beautiful tree instead :) Great dining room chairs too!

Kylie

cotedetexas said...

I love your new look in the den with the pillows and curtains - they look great!!!!! And the plate wall is fab!!!

Unknown said...

the tree looks great! I always have trouble doing themes since I cant keep from hanging all my old christmas ornaments from years past...I even have some that I made from 5th grade....so bad. HAHA. Your house also looks great.

Courtney said...

It all looks so great Paloma!! And your tree is gorgeous...I love the big red bulbs! Love the drapery, the lightings, the cleanliness of your home :) And I love your pillows. Great choice.

Lauren said...

Such a pretty tree & I love your wall color in the living/ dining area! (Drapes are awesome too!)

franki durbin said...

I adore those pears. I keep telling myself I "need more celadon" in my color palette. :)

Your place looks LOVELY.

I ♥ You said...

so pretty, p! you have a great eye!!! those drapes are fabulous and i love pillows! happy holidays!

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

I love everything! I love the lighting from the dining room. I was looking at that myself. I love the pillows, drapes, tree, mantle! Beautiful!

Brandie said...

Love the plate wall. You have a great eye!

Unknown said...

You guys are so sweet! Thank you so, so much! XO

Adriene Rathbun said...

Paloma, your tree is gorgeous! I'm in love with the garland you made too. I love jeweled fruit! What a fun idea with the plate wall, too. Gorgeous home!

Nad said...

Paloma,
I LOVE the plate wall. This may sound like a silly question, but I am a deocrating novice.
How did you hang the plates?

Thanks,

Nadia

Unknown said...

You guys are so sweet! Thank you so much. XO

Nadia, that's not a silly question. You can buy plate hangers at the hardware store or craft store. They come in various sizes and all you need is a hammer and some nails. Since the plates are hung relatively low, we painted over the hooks and nails in the wall so that they would blend in. All in all, it's quite easy! :)

No.35style said...

I like those tango curtains!

southgate said...

Oh wow! I have those same dining room chairs I have four and have moved to a larger home and need to find host chairs that compliment them. Any suggestions? I also just ordered the same trellis drapes for my study!