photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Double Take: David Jimenez's Carriage House


David Jimenez's Kansas City Carriage House

David Jimenez is by far, one of my favorite interior designers. His exquisite style feels current, yet classic. Perhaps because his work is never overtly trendy and is always sublimely tasteful. He excels at accessorizing and layering rooms perfectly. Each room seems to tell a story.

Jimenez, splits his time between his homes in San Francisco, Palm Springs, and his main residence in Kansas City, one of my favorite spaces ever. David's carriage house alone is enough to send my heart aflutter. Most of you will probably recognize the modern take on the carriage house, but this year, David updated it in a more classic style. Take a look at both takes below. Which do you like best?

Take One: Modern Styling

Modern Living Room


Modern Bedroom

Modern Dining Room

Modern Kitchen


Modern Office



Take Two: Classic Styling


Classic Living Room

The Classic Living Room from a Different Angle

Modern Bedroom

Classic Dining Room

Classic Kitchen

Classic Office


All Images via David Jimenez

12 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh such great pictures!!! I'm loving the calssic ones best. (Except I like the modern bedroom better) Great post!

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Ha ha fancy seeing you here Lauren. I love David's work. It's amazing. These rooms remind me a little of Nate Berkus. I think Nate has been sneaking a peak at David's work.

I must make a trip to Kanas City. Everyone in the design community raves about it! I must go.

Unknown said...

I think I like the second one better. I love the classic details and touches of modern ...it feels more homey and warm.

No.35style said...

LOVE Kansas City! I think I like the traditional styling best, but would switch out some elements with the modern.

Unknown said...

What all is there to do in Kansas City? My sister-in-law and her husband live in Olathe, a suburb of Kansas and we are planning to go visit them soon. I would love to know more about some of the design destinations so that I can hopefully visit some of them!

No.35style said...

Three must sees are The Curious Sofa, Nell Hills and the plaza which has a lot of nice stores for shopping! Beautiful at Christmas time. It's all lit up!

Anonymous said...

What a great surprise to see photos of my carriage house on your site! Thank you for your positive comments. It really means a lot to me.

I enjoyed reading your blog. Keep up the great work!

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

Best,

David
djimenez.com

Anonymous said...

HI

A beautiful decorated house and there are so many people like the decoration of this house.

Anonymous said...

Drop me a line if you make it to KC. It would be fun to meet you.

DJ
djimenez.com

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Oh my god. David Jimenez reads your blog! Amazing! That is so exciting. You must meet up with him when you vist K.C.

I'm itching to make a trip there. I just realized that Kate Spade grew up there. So knowing how much we all love K.S. makes me think that K.C. must be a fab place.

Road trip ladies!!!

Crissy said...

I lean towards the modern, but there are definitely aspects of the classic that I love too. It's all good! :)

Fakhruddin40 said...

I like the modern Kitchen It has a very good look.

Plastic Card