photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Hello Dolly!

I absolutely love Zac Posen's Pre-Fall 2009 collection. From what I can see, it is going to be a very good year. The vintage, 1940's inspired silhouettes are flirty and feminine, an aesthetic that is quintessentially Zac Posen. The looks are so gorgeous and glamorous, that they remind me of playing dress up!

The designer is seeking to inspire fashion aficionadas during trying times. "Saying that he hoped his show would inspire during challenging times, Zac Posen returned to the flirty, forties-inflected clothes that are his signature—and, as it happens, recall the look that was popular at the end of the Great Depression. For day, there were trumpet-skirted suits in sober wools, though Posen might prefer his customer play it carefree in a groovy eel-skin trench and leopard dress."


Posen's Ultra-Chic 1940's inspired "dolls"



While you wait to get your hands on some of the fabulous pieces from Posen's vintage-inspired collection, try your hand at these awesome "Retro Dress Me Up Dolls". They're the paper dolls of the digital era. I wasted an obscene amount of time dressing these dolls up yesterday. Check out my 1950's, 60's, 70's, and 80's dolls below. I personally think the 80's doll is a dead-ringer for Heidi Montag in her last "music" video.


7 comments:

Lauren said...

Such a fun line. I was wondering if we're all going to start cutting our hair?!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Not only are the outfits gorgeous (the leopard print is to die for!) but I also LOVE the hair and make-up. How much do i wish I were brave enough to wear deep red lipstick!

And yes, gotta love heidi's "music" videos!

Anonymous said...

I love it all and want it all! I SO adore the 40s style!

Anonymous said...

Check out Pre-Fall Carlonia Hererra as well...

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Amazing clothes. Zac Posen can do no wrong. I love all the outfits, but the first one is my favorite. How much fun would it have been to live in the 40s. We would have had some great outfit choices, but no MTV. hmmmm.....

Sarah Ring said...

Hello Dolly is right!! These are so amazing! I am so glad for red lips again - totally "my thing"!!

lipe said...

ohh what a great find lovely blog!! love the long dress look!