photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, December 29, 2008

Mecox Gardens: A Stylish Addition to Houston


Mecox Gardens recently opened its eighth location in Houston. Located in Highland Village, the 8,000 square foot emporium of chic wares is a welcome addition to our city. The store carries many styles of furnishings, art, accessories, lighting, and antiques. There is literally something for everyone's aesthetic. I love Mecox because it is evident that every single piece in the store is thoughtfully selected. Despite the fact that so many styles are present (Swedish, Mid-Century, Hollywood Regency, Industrial, Traditional, Asian), they all work beautifully together. If I had my way, along with unlimited funds I would purchase every last item for my home at Mecox!

A section of the massive store... It is a design enthusiast's dream!


I thought this vignette was beautiful. The desk, chair, and lamps are fantastic!


A serene palette with hints of turquoise

An incredible horse triptych, rustic table, and Eiffel towers

Antique Asian Buffet, Christopher Spitzmiller Lamps, and Zebra Mirrors...need I say more?
There are so many incredible pieces in this photograph. I especially love the framed roman sketches on the wall.

This buffet is one of my favorite pieces in the store. The velvet and nailhead mirrors are so lovely in person.

The store is filled with unique chandeliers, both antique and reedition.

I love the color palette here. The brown from the zebra ottomans and owl painting and the orange from the gorgeous lamps. Such a rich combination!

The "cash wrap" as it's called in retail speak is rather stylish, naturally.

Mecox is home to a variety of great accessories, a plethora of must-have design books, and tables that are custom-made from reclaimed wood or concrete.

More orange and brown, as well as Asian influences

There are so many pieces in this room that I just love! The bed, the convex mirrors, the mirrored bedside tables, the gorgeous turquoise lamps...

One of the many beautifully made tables at Mecox Gardens

A more contemporary look featuring bright red Spitzmiller lamps and printed hyde faux zebra pillows

A series of fabulous mirrors and a pair of very unique lamps

This vignette looks so cozy and inviting to me. It's ultra-stylish without being pretentious.

I thought these busts were so cool! I saw something very similar, but made of leather at the San Francisco Decorator's Showcase House this year.

The mercury glass lamps seen here were among my favorite in the store.


Thank you to Bernadette and everyone else at Mecox for being such gracious hosts!

10 comments:

Courtney said...

I wish I could afford their wall art! They have some of the most amazing posters and prints ever. I'm so glad they opened a shop here...you know, just in case I win the lottery!

Lauren said...

I LOVE Mecox! So far I've only gotten to window shop so I love all your photographs!

No.35style said...

Looks like a fun place to visit!

Lauren said...

WOW I need to see if there's one near me!!! beautiful. Great post!!

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Oh I love this store. What amazing pictures and finds. I wish I had one near me. I must do a search and find out.

Thanks for giving us a peek into this store.

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Ok just checked and there are 3 locations near me!

How silly of me not to know about this sooner.

I must make a trip out to a location ASAP.

Haven and Home said...

Can I move in there? Looks ike my kind of store...

Great post!

Anonymous said...

Great post!

studioJudith said...

Really love Mecox ... . they're so good about sending photos of current stock. Also, a very strong resource for chandeliers and unique lighting.
Judith de SFe

Peny@nursing uniforms said...

Wow! The desk chair looks so vintage. Actually I love vintage furniture and home accessories, and upon looking unto this shop, I guess this is so perfect! Love it.