photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Memorial Antiques and Interiors


Last week, I read about Memorial Antiques and Interiors on Material Girls. I had driven by there a million times, but never actually made it into the store. I was so impressed by Lauren's finds, that I had to go see for myself.

It's a fabulous place to shop for antiques... if you have a lot of money to spend. Unfortunately, I didn't find any of the great deals that were present during Lauren's visit. Naturally, everything that caught my eye was pretty pricey. Be that as it may, MAI is a wonderful space. Unlike most of the antique malls or stores I have been to, it seems very edited. There isn't a whole bunch of junk to sort through. You can tell that the people who have booths here love design (they don't just find old junk and mark it up for others to buy) and most have beautiful and unique merchandise that is displayed in interesting ways. Most of the booths are painted taupe or grey and have seagrass rugs. I spent a good while in there admiring everything. I noticed that they have a lot of gorgeous mirrors, cool lamps, a lot of shells and coral and some beautiful, carved salvaged doors. If you've never been, it's definitely worth a visit.

This booth had so many cool pieces. I love the hanging clock, white mirror, and tripod lamp.

Another shot of the same booth

Pretty crystal and alabaster lamp bases

I'm not a big fan of toile, so I'd rather see these chairs covered in a more modern fabric, but I do love the Venetian mirror.

Did Fabian have them put this sign up especially for my visit? This booth had a ton of these signs made from vintage flashcards. I though they were cheeky and clever.

Same booth- cool chair and some sea shells

MAI has so many beautiful mirrors! I love this starburst.

Antique French bottles

Vignette in another booth

Courtney, this antique Bingo set reminded me of you! It was probably the cheapest thing in there at $75.

I love these antique religious articles, especially the Spanish Santos. You see a lot of this in Spain and in San Miguel. I have to go back!

A set of gorgeous, beat up doors waiting for their new home

I really liked this booth...lots of good stuff

A close-up of the coral lamps

I'm just gonna put it out there. If anyone would like to finance a career in antique scouting for me, holla at your girl as the one and only Tim Gunn would say. Your responsibilities would include sending me to France, Belgium, England, Italy, Spain, Mexico, Buenos Aires, and other fabulous destinations on a regular basis in order for me to return with some amazing finds. What a life! Can you imagine?

7 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh man these pics look great! And that hanging clock is so Alice-in-Wonderland-fabulous!

You're right...that BINGO set is insane. But how about this: save your $75 and come over with your dollar bills instead. We'll play for dollars with my set from Christmas and everyone will come out ahead!

Lauren said...

I'm glad you finally made it by there, I can't believe I saw such great deals (they did have "sale" signs plastered all over the windows)!

cotedetexas said...

I've never seen a deal there either! Do you know how much that clock was? I want that seriously! and I love your maps - they look wonderful - your room looks so cute - you don't show you house enough!

Unknown said...

Thank you, Courtney and Joni! Joni, I don't remember the price of the clock. Sorry!

Bronwyn said...

It looks like the kind of place you can disappear in and possible never come out of:)

katiedid said...

Looks like a great place to get ideas even if out of the price range. Hope you had fun! And I love your maps too. Great idea. :)

Adriene Rathbun said...

What incredible finds at the antique/interior store! I'd KILL for those doors, would be perfect in my house. You have a fine eye Paloma!