photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Circa Eye Candy

An array of Circa chandeliers

Last weekend, I paid a visit to Circa Lighting. Each time I set foot in the store, I fall more and more in love with my old favorites and discover new loves as well. I've compiled several pieces that are new this season and a few older pieces that I just love.

The classic Manhattan chandelier would be right at home in an equally grand space.

Barbara Barry's new Carousel lamp in soft silver. I've been eyeing this one for my formal living room.

The white lamps are Lotus lamps also by Barbara Barry. I love that they are both feminine and funky. The Carousel lamp is seen in the bronze finish here.

The Simple Scallop design is available in several incarnations and is wildly popular with designers and bloggers alike.

The Simple Scallop sconce in soft silver

The Chandler chandelier is seen without shades here. It is absolutely gorgeous in person and pictures really don't do the finish justice. It is burnished silver leaf with polished silver accents.

These industrial-inspired designs are super popular right now, but I honestly think it is a style that will withstand the test of time. Here, we have the Small Country Industrial Stage Light on the left (it might as well be a custom piece as it is available in 18 possible finishes/shade combinations) and the Noho torchere in brushed steel on the right.

The Ziyi chandelier looks equally fabulous without shades as it does with them.

We just purchased this Cornice ceiling fixture for our home office. The picture truly does not do this art deco inspired piece justice. It is larger than you would imagine and makes quite a statement.

A bevy of beautiful table lamps in varying styles by designers such as Thomas O'Brien and Alexa Hampton

The Westmeath Obelisk lamp- Its lines remind me of The Empire State Building.

Various small table and desk lamps {If you'd like to know the name of a particular lamp, just let me know.}

Just as in life, one pretty lady always steals the show. In this case, it is the stunning Crescent table lamp by Michael Smith made of quartz on antique gold leaf (far left).

5 comments:

Things That Inspire said...

I need to visit Circa...looks like lots of new, beautiful designs have been introduced! I love that Crescent lamp. Is that one designed by Michael Smith?

I can't wait to see Suzanne Kasler's new line for Circa! I am sure it will be beautiful.

Unknown said...

TTI- Yes, the Crescent lamp is designed by Michael Smith. Isn't it just gorgeous? I love it.

I have seen a few pieces from Suzanne Kasler's new line and they are truly beautiful. Unfortunately, I can't post them until after they debut in October, but they will be worth the wait.

Jennifer said...

The last time I was in Circa I think my heart rate doubled. SO beautiful!

And I love how unassuming the stores are, too!

Willow Decor said...

Gorgeous lights - Seeing these photos make me even more determined to visit a shop! Excited for the Kasler line!

Lina said...

I must say I really like your blog! I have got so much inspiration from looking at it :) Keep up the good work! Greetings from Sweden :)