photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, June 15, 2012

Post-Surgery Update

Pinned Image

Thank you again for sharing your stories, well-wishes, and prayers for me after Tuesday’s post. I had my surgery yesterday morning and thankfully, everything went quite smoothly. My doctors and nurses were fantastic and my mom and husband have been taking the best care of me ever since. Originally, I was told I had one, 3 mm mobile gallstone since that was all that had shown up on my ultrasound. Yesterday, my surgeon told my family that my gallbladder was actually full of stones, so I am so glad I had it removed. I’m in pain and some discomfort from all of the air they fill you up with for laparoscopic surgery, but other than that I am doing well, I am just very tired and weak. The doctor expressly said “No social media until Monday!”—can you believe it? So, it’s back to bed for me. I just wanted to give you all a quick update. Thank you, friends!

 

{Image via Betsy Burnham Design}

20 comments:

Ordinette said...

Best wishes for a quick recovery!
laura

Uncle Beefy said...

Eesh! Wishing you a speedy recovery, Paloma! And I hope you're reading this *after* Monday. Rest up! :)

Splendid Sass said...

Great news. You will be sore for a while.
Teresa
xoxo

Lindsay Cowles said...

Glad that you had a successful surgery Paloma! I hope that you rest up and feel better soon! Xo

Kelly | Fabulous K said...

So happy to hear your surgery went well! I hope you get some good rest this weekend. xo

The Visual Vamp said...

Brave girl! Hang in there!
Sending you much love.
xo xo

Unknown said...

So glad to hear you're ok and I hope recovery is quick. Feel better soon!
Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Becky {The Pumpkin Spot} said...

Happy you are feeling better. Make sure to take it easyyyy.
-Becky
http://thepumpkinspot.blogspot.com/

Yolonda | Style Fragment said...

Glad all went well! Get plenty of rest & feel better soon!

Scribbler said...

So glad all went well -- take care of your self.

Unknown said...

Glad to hear your surgery went well! Get some rest and enjoy your weekend!!

www.donnaviningblog.com

Olivia Palermo's Style said...

omg, i didn't visit your blog for a while and now i remember how much i loved it :) such a nice, inspiring blog!

Beautifulosophy said...

So good to hear! Rest! See you on Monday:)

COCOCOZY said...

Get well soon!
xo
Coco

Unknown said...

Hi Paloma! just catching up over here and wanted to send you a quick note to let you know that I not only hope you feel better, but I too had my gallbladder removed laparoscopicly and went thru a lot of the same things as you did (internalizing stress and feeling it!) anyway, as I recall the full recovery took about a week and I have never missed my gallbladder since! the scars are super tiny and most days I never even think about it all , that's my wish for you!
feel better soon!
xx
Sue

Amber B (Simple Dwellings) said...

Hope you're getting lots of rest and feeling better already! :) Wishing you well!

Donna Benedetto said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery!
You won't miss it at all, I wish I had taken mine out sooner than I had. I felt so much better afterwards...no social media...
these doctors. All the best to you!
Donna
thebeneblog.com

mikky said...

So happy to hear that it all went well. Rest up!

:)
mikky
www.todaloos.com

Anonymous said...

I had the same surgery in my early 20s. The recovery was painful. I couldn't sit or lay down. I spent the first three days awkwardly placed on a sofa. The incisions become very small in time.. good luck on your recovery.

Katie said...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery and a gun and healthy summer ahead!