photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Do Tell: Summertime Guilty Pleasures

Pinned Image
Can you believe it’s already June? I swear, the older I get, the faster each year goes by. Not to mention, it seems like the Houston summers get hotter and hotter each year. We are already experiencing temperatures in the mid 90s and the summer is only beginning. Fabian and I went to test drive a potential new car for him on Saturday afternoon and the heat was ungodly. Note to self—don’t shop for cars in the summer! Complaints about the heat aside, I’ve always loved the summer season. It always seems to bring lovely indulgences—a much needed vacation, a fleeting romance, ice cream and other frosty treats. I would love to know what your summertime guilty pleasures are. Poolside cocktails every evening? A summer fling? Gelato every night of the week? Three nights of back to back “Real Housewives” shows? Getting more sun than we really should? What do you indulge in when summer rolls around?

{Image via Pinterest}

11 comments:

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

I love that you said back to back nights of Real housewives. LOVE that, too. And the Eastwoods. They are my new fix.

I love the beach... in the summer. Hot sand, salt water, seafood, the whole nine. Happy SUMMER!

Prippy Handbook said...

How about all of the above indulgences? You've seriously hit all of mine... especially after watching the New York Housewives last night!

Stately Things said...

afternoon glasses (bottles?) of rose, putting sea salt on EVERYTHING, and acquiring approximately a gazillion sundresses!

Shannon said...

Being from Houston like you I completely understand where you are coming from! My husband and I have one guilty pleasure every Monday...Swirl! Lol. It's so low calorie and it's double stamp Mondays to top it off. Besides that our Saturday's are reserved for an early afternoon workout followed by pool side hang time and then off to late dinner and drinks with friends. Love the summer!


www.dylandrake.blogspot.com

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

I think my summer indulgence is getting too much sun! I spent most of Sunday laying by the pool catching up on magazines. I adore summertime!

Brandi said...

Definitely summer glasses of Savignon Blanc perfectly chilled while wearing a sundress and sandals!

Anonymous said...

1) Start drinking Lillet after Memorial Day. It's very summery.

2) Amalfi coast every summer / swim in the sea

3) Baby powder to keep my thighs from rubbing together in the hot-ass heat

Anonymous said...

Man do I NOT miss the Houston summer heat. I'm only in Fort Worth now so it's not much cooler but at least it's not as humid :) I definitely love sitting by the pool, reading magazines and listening to my music way too loud!!

Laura Trevey said...

All of the above sounds divine!!

Anonymous said...

Reading till very very late...then dragging into work exhausted...

Colleen @ Number 7735 said...

This summer I'm creating a new one...try to skip out of work early (or take a random day off in the middle of the week) to soak in some summer sun and drink wine.