photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Current Wish List: Books

{Mary McDonald Interiors}

With my birthday coming up in a few weeks, I have had a few friends and family members ask what to get me for my birthday. I never really know what to say when people ask me that, but I’ll tell you what two things I can never have enough of: beautiful stationery and inspiring books. While there are endless options for beautiful stationery, there are a few books that are currently calling my name. The first, Mary McDonald Interiors (above) is the just-released tome by one of my favorite designers. I can’t wait to get my hands on this book!

{HUE by Kelly Wearstler}

The first edition of Kelly Wearstler’s newest book, HUE sold out and yours truly missed out. A new limited edition is set to be released on November 1st, three days before my birthday.

{Rooms to Inspire in the City by Annie Kelly}

I’ve had this book on my wish list for some time now. It features such a great mix of styles.

{Alberto Pinto Table Settings}

Sometimes, looking at beautiful table settings can be just as fun as creating them. Alberto Pinto’s book is filled with sumptuous and elegant table settings.

{Women Then: Photographs 1954-1969 by Julia Morton}

There is something so glamorous about women of past generations. The majority of people no longer treat dressing themselves with the same care and formality that was common until the end of the 1960s. It would be so fun to go through this book and find inspiration from the chic women of the 1950s and 60s.

{Ina’s New Book, How Easy is That?}

Lastly, my favorite food personality, Ina Garten has a new book coming out this month called “How Easy is That?” in which she shares easy to prepare, fabulous meals in the true Barefoot Contessa style.

10 comments:

ALR said...

I love books as well. I love, love my copy of Hue, I do hope you get that one for sure. I adore the Barefoot Contessa. All of these books look fantastic, I hope you get them all!
Amy R.

The Purse-a-holic said...

I think about three of those books also made by wishlist!


J'Anns Boutique

Caitlin said...

Love all of these books. I didn't know that Ina Garten had a new book out - I'll be ordering that today because I love all of her other cookbooks! Thanks for all of the recs Paloma. Have a lovely day!

Linda in AZ * said...

* Mary's book arrived just a few days ago & it's STUNNING!!! I just ordered Albert Pinto's book, as I had not even HEARD about THAT ONE (!!!)... my library is getting (actually has GOTTEN)WAAAY toooo fulll... THANKS for the tip!!! (The commissioning of more built-in bookcases is, I guess, "in the works" now! Smiles!)...

Hope you enjoy a FABULOUS, FUN-FILLED & MEMORABLE BIRTHDAY!!!

Warmest,
Linda in AZ *
bellesmom1234@comcast.net

Chedva @Rooms and Words said...

Oh, I love those lists. Books are my (quite expensive) bread and butter ;) Now I have a few more added to my wish list. Thanks for the heads up about Hue!

Piper Larson said...

I have such a weakness for books. The Mary McDonald and Women Then books look too good to pass up! Thanks for sharing!
XO Piper

designchic said...

Aren't there the best new books out now? Great to give and get for Christmas...on my list -

Marbella Mummy said...

Thanks for the inspiration! My birthday is on Halloween and I would love any of these titles! Nice and easy for my family in Australia to send me too! x

mrsplainjane said...

The Barefoot Contessa & Alberto Pinto books are definitely on my list! Great picks Paloma. ;)

Unknown said...

We have the same taste in books...but that Women Then, is a new one to me...looks amazing, thanks for the intro!