photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, August 30, 2010

Fashion Favorites: The 2010 Emmy Awards

emmy lea {Lea Michelle looked fabulous in a gorgeous navy Oscar de la Renta gown with Lorraine Schwartz jewels}

I am so glad that I decided to forgo my usual Sunday night line-up (True Blood, Mad Men, Hung, Entourage…don’t worry, they’re on my DVR) in favor of the Emmys. Jimmy Fallon did such a great job hosting. He was so funny and engaging and I absolutely loved the intro that he did with the cast of Glee, Tina Fey, Jon Hamm, Betty White, and Tim Gunn. It was a thoroughly entertaining show and I was so glad to see so many of my favorite shows represented. Mad Men, Modern Family, Glee, Nurse Jackie, and Top Chef all walked away with awards last night.

But now on to more pressing matters, like red carpet fashion! Did anyone else think there weren’t very many stars on the red carpet? Anyhow, my favorite look of the night goes to Glee star, Lea Michele who wore an elegant Oscar de la Renta gown in navy, which happened to be the color of the night. I thought her hair and Lorraine Schwartz jewelry complemented the dress beautifully and kept the look youthful. She looked so lovely!

emmy claire {Claire Danes had my second favorite look of the evening. She looked stunning in this perfectly-fitted Armani Privé gown in a shimmering gold color. She has just enough of a tan to complement the dress and her hair and make-up look great. Angela from My So Called Life has come rather far, hasn’t she?}

emmy jayma {Jayma Mays, the actress who plays the conservative Emma Pilsbury on Glee had one of my favorite looks of the evening in this ruched, navy Burberry gown. I love the gold jewelry she paired with it. The sexy look is quite a departure from her character!}

emma tina

{Oscar de la Renta was well-represented at the Emmys this year. I thought this Oscar gown looked fantastic on Tina and I love her hair this way.}

{I was so glad that Top Chef won for Outstanding Reality Show! I have followed it since it’s first season and it is still my favorite reality competition. Padma Lakshmi looked stunning in this navy Carolina Herrera gown. I love the ethnic-looking necklace she paired with it. Does this woman ever look bad? She’s so gorgeous!}

{I’m not Kristen Wiig’s biggest fan. She seems to do the same annoying character over and over on SNL, just in different costumes. Having said that, I really liked her gown last night. The print is beautiful, as is the shape, and I don’t mind the shoulder detail. Does anyone know who designed this dress?}

emmy january {So, on to the leading ladies from Mad Men. I must confess, I didn’t love January Jones’ or Christina Hendricks’ looks last night. I appreciate January’s gusto for making such a big statement in her electric blue Versace gown, but I didn’t like it. For such a pretty girl, I feel like she seldom gets it right on the red carpet.}

emmy christina

{Christina Hendricks opted for a dusty lavender Zac Posen gown. Again, I don’t really like the look. The color is sad and the fit looks a lot more flattering here than it did on camera. Did you like January’s or Christina’s red carpet looks last night?}

 

Image Credit: Frazer Harrison / Getty via People Style Watch and Style.com

12 comments:

Manhattan Mermaid said...

No, sadly I didn't like either of their looks last night. January Jones's dress is at least a little more fashion forward, but I feel it just overwhelmed her very petite frame. Perhaps if it was worn by a taller woman it would look more appropriate, and for some reason I think it would look better on a brunette. The color of Christina's dress really bothered me. Too 1980s in a not so good way :( They are both beautiful women though, and I am sure they had a great time at the event :)

kendall k. said...

I really need to catch up on the Emmy fashion.
A little gossip that I heard from my friend at US weekly; Lea Michelle apparently snubed all reporters last night and had a bodyguard with her the entire time. I guess it was some crazy diva-like behavior. ha!

Love Kristen Wiig’s dress!

Leah said...

Oh I love Lea's look! She always looks spot on!

Luvs!

Rachael said...

I'm not too sure on January's look...I love the color but the dress...egh. However, I do love Christina's dress. I love the color (purples tones are very in right now) and I think the fit is very flattering on her and brings out her beautiful curvy figure.

I really liked Padma's look...so beautiful and I also love that she paired it with that necklace...stunning!

xoxo

www.rachaeldiab.blogspot.com

Samantha Hutchinson said...

I totally missed it last night, but from the looks of it here, Claire Danes and Lea Michelle did it right...

so pretty!

merciblahblah said...

My faves: Rose Byrne, Claire Danes, Kelly Osbourne, Jon Hammmmmmm

Least favey crocketts? January Jones, Naya Rivera, Anna Paquin (I wanted to love her McQueen, but thought the fit was off)

Stop by our humble blog to see our own Emmy recaps!

Merci,
Shannan

Kathy said...

You are spot on, I also liked Jewel's look...

Laura Trevey said...

I love Tina and she looked awesome!
The beginning of the show with the cast of Glee and Tina was amazing!!


xo Laura

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

oh Lea Michelle looks amazing!!

Anonymous said...

Some good fashion "policing" here! Of course, everyone has different taste, but my favorites were Dianna Agron, Kelly Osbourne, and, like you, Claire Danes -- She just looked flawless!

Sketch42 said...

agree with you on most everything... Except that padma looks terrible EVERY WEEK on topchef. Not her face, her clothes suck though.

26 said...

Thank you for acknowledging that Kristen Wiig is doing the same annoying character over and over again. And why is she in every single skit? Much funnier people on SNL! I'm also going to have to politely disagree with you on her choice of wardrobe. Those poofy things on her shoulders are, well, not good. January Jones' dress was definitely a risk, but also very fashion forward. The other awesome dresses of the evening (Lea Michelle, Claire Danes, Jayma Mays) were all gorgeous, but I don't think they had any doubts when getting ready that they were going to be hits. J Jones was stepping out of the fashion comfort zone, and I mean really, can this woman ever actually look bad?