photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Design Crush: David Hicks’ La Fiorentina

kwinter3

{Image Credit: Kwinter & Company}

In yesterday’s inspiration post, I hinted at my love of graphic patterns and more specifically David Hicks’ La Fiorentina. I have had an ongoing love affair with this pattern for quite some time now. To me it is an absolutely classic print that will never go out of style. I love all of the colorways, but my two favorites are Ivory / Bark (shown above and in the images that immediately follow) and Wine/Magenta in smaller doses. I just think it is such a smart, crisp pattern that looks fabulous in both large and small doses and complements so many styles of décor.

bark

la fiorentina

{Domino}

la fiorentina alexa hicks

{David’s daughter, Allegra Hicks’ Domino Cover}

la fiorentina miguel flores viana

{Miguel Flores Vianna}

la fiorentina hickory chair

{Photo Taken by Paloma Contreras at Hickory Chair}

la fiorentina lonny

{Lonny}

Haskett Small 17a {Lauren Haskett’s Living Room}

 la fiorentina angie hranowsky

{Angie Hranowsky}

grey

la fiorentina ashley hicks

{Design by David’s son, Ashley Hicks}

camel

la fiorentina palmer weiss

{Palmer Weiss}

{Angie Hranowsky}

{Angie Hranowsky}

wine

la fiorentina domino

{Ruthie Sommers in Domino}

renovation style

{Anna Kohler}

la fiorentine coco kelley

{Image via coco+kelley}

Which colorway do you like best? Is there a certain pattern that makes you swoon each time you see it?

32 comments:

Dumbwit Tellher said...

It's amazing how much that pattern has popped up without ever realizing it until now. I love it in the magenta/wine but like you would opt for the bark/ivory version. I adore La Fiorentina used for drapes; makes such a impact. Great post Paloma! xx

ashlina {the decorista} said...

oh yes! david is amazing!!!
that pattern is fantastic and the magenta will always be my fave....
i do love hose you used the ivory/camel ones for your images as well...


awesome job!

xoxo
ashlina

paula said...

it is gorgeous!

Susie @ Maddie G Designs said...

Great fabric! I especially love the drapes, bed-skirt and the skirted table.

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home said...

I really liked this post, I love when bloggers pull together photos like this, it was fun to see this fabric so much and I guess I didn't realized how much it was used, I just knew I really like it!

Jordana said...

Great photos. I love the wine/magenta but it's slightly too colourful for me. Next up would be white & black...classic and really shows off the pattern. I wonder...have you spotted a white on white verson?

Viera said...

Definitely one of iconic fabrics.
X
V

That Girl in Pearls said...

Love that pattern. I had a big floor pillow in brown and white with the same type of pattern. It had a great texture to it too. My pets loved it!! Great alternative to the typical dog bed.

Beatriz.
thatgirlinpearls.com

alison giese Interiors said...

Oh, in curtain panels - Can you IMAGINE?! {swoon}

Erika Ward said...

The ivory and bark colorway is my fav! Didn't realize how many times I've actually seen this pattern...

Chic Coles said...

The Ivory/Bark and the Gray are my two favorite color ways. This is such a great pattern and I would love to have a couple pillows in it!

TERI REES WANG said...

It is Domino that did this fabric pattern the by the best bets.

LindsB said...

Too funny, I was just getting a post exactly like this ready. I LOVE this fabric!

Kathysue said...

I agree with you totally! I absolutely loved the footstool. That fabric made that piece a definite Wow!! Kathysue

Alison Duffy said...

It's so funny I just did a post on it! I adore your blog, always have to swing by...

Unknown said...

I choose all! Great round up!

Unknown said...

LindsB, I've noticed we post about similar things every now and then. You know what they say!

House and Life, I'd love to see your post!

ALR said...

I want all of them! I just don't think you could go wrong with any of the colors. Totally gorgeous!!!

Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

OOOOOooo the ivory-camel! love!

SpryOnTheWall said...

Love this pattern! So chic! Great post!!!

The Simply Luxurious Life said...

There is something calming about Ivory and Bar, but the wine and magenta are quite beautiful as well.

Gwen Driscoll said...

I, too, love this pattern. It looks so great in so many kinds of decor. A happy, happy fabric. Hope you are well.

fric and frac said...

I love the Ivory and Black - a classic that looks great with other patterns!

Embodying Fashion said...

Really, really amazing pictures. I just cant stop looking at them :)

tarheel said...

they're all fab, absolutely, but I love the gray and the ivory/camel best. One day...

Kari said...

La Fiorentina is an all time fave too...it's timeless. ps. that's David's daughter, India, on the domino cover not Allegra.

Bianca said...

Can anyone tell me where I can buy this fabric? My searches are coming up with zero...Thanks!!

Bailey @ peppermintbliss said...

I think the ivory/bark speaks to me the most because it is so classic. I love cut velvet fabrics, whenever I am at work pulling for my boss I always end up slipping some in even though it is totally not her or her clients taste at all! Maybe one day it will work for her!

Jennifer said...

It is always inspiring to see how this fabric has been used throughout the years in so many different types of interiors! It is available to the trade through Lee Jofa.

Sarah Ring said...

I love them all! Hick's beachy space is amazing!!

Hello Lover... said...

Ivory and bark is my absolute favorite! I actually purchased a small amount on ebay and plan to use it for some benches in my entryway - I think it's timeless!

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

This has got to me one of my all time FAVORITE fabric designs ever...so gorgeous. :))))))))))))

JEN RAMOS