photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Color Crush: Turquoise + Gold

turquoise

twig hutchison

{Twig Hutchinson}

Turquoise has long been one of my favorite colors. Although there are several shades of blue that I really like, I have never considered blue a favorite of mine. I believe the reason that I gravitate towards turquoise as much as I do is its underlying warmth. It doesn’t feel cold at all the way that other blues do, and it is almost universally flattering. The lovely warmth it possesses allows it to lend itself so beautifully to various shades of gold, the combination of which is my ultimate color crush at the moment.

turquoise and gold domino {Sara Ruffin Costello’s Living Room as featured in Domino}

turquoise cocokelley

{Image via coco+kelley}

turquoise gold elizabeth dinkel

{Elizabeth Dinkel}

turquoise gold polly wreford

{Polly Wreford}

turquoise gold talor howes {Taylor Howes}

steven gambrel elle decor

{Steven Gambrel via ELLE DECOR}

turquoise gold vanessa de vargas {Vanessa DeVargas}

morgan harrison

{Morgan Harrison}

nola hb2 {House Beautiful}

nuevo estilo8

{Nuevo Estilo}outdoors eos2 {Image via Elements of Style}

 

This color combination isn’t just gorgeous for interiors, it also makes for a fabulous pairing in accessories!

56471721

{Who could forget this gorgeous fashion moment? Eva Mendes at the 2009 Golden Globes, styled by Rachel Zoe}

turquoise jewels

{Jewelry from Banana Republic, Sandals by Mystique}

13 comments:

Sarah Ring said...

Love this combination - especially in accessories!

Alaina @ Live Creating Yourself said...

turquoise and gold jewelry might just be my favorite! as is Sara Ruffin Costello's living room!

Alaina

alison giese Interiors said...

Oh, I'm SO right there with you! I've been lovin' on "turq-WAZ" for as long as I can remember, but the mix with gold (a newer fetish) makes me insanely happy!

TERI REES WANG said...

I have my bathroom painted entirely in Tiffany turquoise, with everything else in a simple natural. It is cheerful, and refreshing for me.

Jami - XOimagine said...

I really love that workspace! If only the bulletin board was covered in a pretty fabric.

Pretty post!

Chic Coles said...

Turquoise is my favorite stone for jewelry and I love when it is combined with gold. These interiors are beautiful as well!

Daniella@ThisCouldBeMeToday said...

Lovely post! I just love your blog! This is definitely one of my favorite color combos. I especially love those gold chairs with multi-colored cushions! So chic!

House of Design and Style said...

I love the dress hanging on the wall. Great shot!

this is cyclogenesis said...

What an inspiring post! That first picture is like everything I'd ever want in a life...

Unknown said...

Love and want...all of it!

Anonymous said...

i love this combo of colors and love it pretty jewels and wearables like you found here.

Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

LOVE this combo! So fresh and sassy! My fave is the office! And the jewelry...

SpryOnTheWall said...

Great combo - so fresh! Turquoise is such a favorite anyway :o)