photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Summer Reading

Image: Grey Crawford via Desire to Inspire


I just got back from Spain last night and was incredibly excited to see my husband after 12 days of being apart, but was also quite excited about the new books that had arrived from Amazon while I was gone!

I read this during my trip, mostly on the plane. I have read all of Emily Giffin's books (Something Borrowed, Something Blue, and Baby Proof all of which I loved), so I picked this up as soon as I heard about it. She writes what I like to call smart chick lit. I didn't enjoy it as much as her other books because there wasn't enough going on. Most of it was a description of the characters and their surroundings in anticipation of the ending. It was a so-so book in my opinion.




Lauren Weisberger is known as the author of The Devil Wears Prada, which was entertaining, though not incredibly well-written in my opinion. However, I am a sucker for a book set in Manhattan (now that I think of it, every one of these books takes place there) and occasionally enjoy a nice, fluffy read.





I am really excited to read this book. I believe I first heard about it through Habitually Chic. It combines two of my favorite things: real estate and New York!



This book is pure eye candy bound in a hard cover. I can't wait to thoroughly examine each and every page. It is like having the Sex and the City movie on your coffee table. The book includes details about the characters, set design, fashion, and more.

3 comments:

cotedetexas said...

hi - how was it??????

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us know about the new Emily Giffin book. I loved Something Borrow and Something Blue, but was actually disappointed with Baby Proof. So now I won't bother with her new one. I'll probably cave in and buy Weisberger's new book though and I'm anxious to hear what you thought of The Sky's the Limit.

Unknown said...

What a great set of books. I'll have to check some out. Especially Chasing Harry winston- that one looks good. Daisy~