photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Eclectic Home

The current owner's eclectic taste is reflected in the dining room.

A very cool house just came on the market in Houston's West University neighborhood (home to the fabulous Joni of Cote de Texas fame). West U, as Houstonians call it, is known for its high-end real estate, its proximity to the medical center and the city's best shopping, dining, and fine arts district, as well as its small town feel.

This five bedroom house was built in 1997 and features four full and two half baths, over 5,000 square feet of living space, custom cabinetry and paneling, lighting, and finishes throughout, and a pool for the Texas heat. I love the eclectic, funky look of the house. The finishes, particularly the paneling in the kitchen and the geometric wall in the secondary bathroom are quite unique and although one could easily picture them in Metropolitan Home, they are unusual for Houston, which makes me love them even more. Overall, I get the impression that the family who lives here has a great sense of humor and knows how to have fun.


The exterior of the home features lush landscaping.

The hip kitchen and breakfast area

Living room

The formal living room is currently being used as a music room.

The built-ins and paneling in the study are decidedly modern (and refreshing) for Houston.

Serene Master Bedroom

The bright Master Bath is a very nice size

I just love this kids' room! The color palette is so fun and I really like the fact that there is symmetry present in almost every element. I particularly love the bedspreads and the rolling bunk bed ladder.

Awesome built-ins in the play room featuring galvanized bins

Another adorable kid's room

One of the secondary bathrooms features a very cool geometric pattern on the wall

The backyard features a modern pool and landscaping.

This fabulous home is being offered at $1,750,000.
All images are from the MLS listing on HAR.com for this home.

7 comments:

franki durbin said...

selling points for me: all of that light! the master bed & bath: delightful. that very chic secondary bath: heaven. the pool area could use some work (it looks sad) but I could have that redone.

love that natural light, though. Isn't it fun to see the inside of a home and feel surprised?

I ♥ You said...

this house is amazing but the furnishings are what is really fantastic! they have two womb chairs!! no fair!

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

What an amazing house. Thanks for showing this. There's nothing I love more than a good house tour! -Julia

Isabel said...

Wow you post some really great things! =)

Thanks for the comments on my blog, you are so sweet. I wish I lived closer, I would of loved to take pics of you! My husband travels alot for business so if he ever goes to Houston, I will make sure to tag along and meet up with you!

Isabel

breathing in the dreaming world said...

What a great house! I live in Manhattan, and it's amazing to see such a reasonable price.

Ann said...

Nice house feature. the study and the kids room are great and lovely. I think the facade of the house really looks nice, just a little landscaping or even just cutting some of the branches that somewhat hides the facade would give emphasis to its lovely front design.

Ana said...

Thanks for sharing this. I especially love the pool area and the bathroom pedestal sink!