photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Saturday, May 10, 2008

San Francisco Decorator Showcase


While Fabian and I were in San Francisco, we were able to go to the SF Decorator Showcase. I had originally heard about it through More Ways to Waste Time and it was on the top of our list of things to do while on our vacation. It certainly did not disappoint! The showcase is set inside of a 16,000 square foot house in the tony Pacific Heights neighborhood. It was built in 1909 in anticipation of the arrival of the Queen of Romania a few years later during the Panama-Pacific Expo. The house currently belongs to the twenty-something, bachelor son of the owner of Paige Glass.


The house features countless rooms within its four stories, each of which was designed by a different designer. Every style you could possibly imagine is present in the house, which makes for an extremely interesting visit. There is literally, something for everyone. Our favorite rooms were the ones that were sleek, modern, and eclectic. We were only able to take a handful of pictures because photography is prohibited and there were people and docents everywhere! You can imagine my disappointment when I read the sign by the entrance proclaiming this. I just had to get pictures for my blog, so I recruited my hubby to do some sleuth-photography while I stood guard.


This picture does not do this room justice. This small gentleman's study is the very definition of masculinity and eclecticism.

My favorite room in the house. There were His and Hers Master Bedrooms. I, of course, liked his better. I love the cool, grey tones and the fact that the room is sleek and cozy all at once. Aside from the rooftop terrace, this room has the best views in the house.

Another View of the Room

The incredible view from His Master Bedroom


Sculptures looking out onto the city from the rooftop terrace. The terrace was jaw-dropping with its amazing views, summer kitchen, sculptures, and enough room for the best soiree ever.

Looking out onto Alcatraz


Another Fabulous View


This room was truly eclectic. It is a guest room on the third floor. It is masculine and playful and would probably belong to someone who is a slave to fashion.


Same room, different view


Desk vignette in the same room


Antique Mercury Light Fixture on top of the Desk


Flowers outside of the powder room by the entrance



Believe me, I wanted to take so many more pictures! There were at least 10-15 rooms that I was unable to photograph. If I had, they would have sent me to Alcatraz (see above)! The SF Decorator Showcase runs through May 26th, so if you happen to be in the area, I would highly recommend that you go. It is so much fun to see the work of all of these incredibly talented designers and it is all for a good cause. The money raised through this event benefits the scholarship fund at San Francisco University High School.

For pictures of many of the rooms I was unable to photograph, make sure to visit More Ways to Waste Time who was lucky enough to score an invite to the press preview for the showcase.

4 comments:

cotedetexas said...

Aw chat! you're too pretty to go to jail!!!!

Tricia said...

I would love to see that first hand! And Alcatraz too!

Anonymous said...

What a great house, I love it. But I don't like the cell block room :)

Jean M said...

Those were definitely some amazing views! I really did like the "His" Master Bedroom, too, although I would have to feminize it just a bit to suit me personally.