photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Currently Obsessed: Navy Velvet Sofas

navy connaught

{Suite at The Connaught Hotel in London Designed by David Collins}

There is something so luxurious and glamorous about velvet, especially in rich colors like navy. Of course, my obsession with blue still has a firm hold on me, so my obsession du jour is the thought of a sumptuous navy sofa. Luckily, we just ordered a custom pair of English Roll Arm sofas in navy velvet for my client’s family room! I am so excited for them to arrive. The beauty of navy is that it acts as both a pop of color and an anchoring neutral. Do you think you would ever go for a bold-colored sofa, specifically a navy one?

navy aerin {Aerin Lauder’s Southampton Home}

navy satc {Carrie and Big’s Apartment in the Sex and the City Movie}

navy elle decor {Glamorous London Townhouse via ELLE DECOR}

navy domino {A Playful, Regency-Inspired Space by Miles Redd via Domino}

navy tommy smthe {Classic and Tailored by Tommy Smythe via Canadian House and Home}

navy unknown {I love this room and the combination of pillows, but unfortunately, I don’t know the original source.}

navy masculine {Warm, Tailored Masculine Study}

navy mario grauso hb {Mario Grauso’s Chic Apartment via Harper’s Bazaar}

navy modern {I’m not typically a fan of sectionals, but I love the bold, modern mix of colors and design elements in this room.}

navy shelves {The navy sofa acts as an anchor in this very colorful room.}

navy ad {What could be more luxurious than navy lacquered walls and a tufted navy velvet sofa?}

Signature-3

{Images via Pinterest}

14 comments:

Jessi said...

We just ordered a velvet navy sofa from West Elm for our new house. I cannot wait for it to arrive! Going between pairing it with bright orange, green or yellow. Thanks for the inspiration!

Jessi

Dana said...

LOVE this look!!! the second is by far my favorite. I love tufted couches.

www.thecasualclassic.com

Hannah said...

Love it. SO glam.
Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

Anonymous said...

I've been loving navy velvet sofas lately as well! But, I'm not sure I'd ever actually get one myself. Great pics!

www.dressdinedwell.wordpress.com

Keiz said...

I love them all!!But I have to say my favorites are the navy sectionals -those rooms are amazing!

Designwali said...

totally obsessed...will have to get one - one day.

jackie jade said...

in love with all of these! i really need a new sofa and think that navy velvet would be a good neutral. my dogs' hair would show up on it but hopefully it would be easy enough to vaccum up :)
-- jackie @ jade and oak

Lisa said...

I've been lusting over a navy blue velvet sofa since I saw it on the Sex and the City movie! So gorgeous!

MaxiFrench said...

I've had a navy velvet sofa for the past 6 years and love it. I have found it goes with most everything. I'll be very sad when it wears out.

Katy Byrne said...

Love a navy sofa! Such a great bold anchor piece, without overpowering.

www.designsbykaty.com

Maryam said...

Carrie and Bigs sofa - if only they were real and we could go round and visit for dinner and cocktails! Love it.

Maryam@ http://www.softandcosy.com/

Mary Ann Pickett said...

And navy is so durable...we had one when the kids were little. Worked so well.

Liz G. said...

I am so excited to have seen your post. I ordered a tufted navy sofa a few months back and it is due to arrive mid October! I lusted over it for a while and finally went for it. I was hoping I made the right decision but these pics and your post just confirmed it!!!! Now off to find a marble and glass two tier coffee table!

designlit said...

Very creative, definitely a thumbs up!
http://www.facebook.com/designlit
http://www.twitter.com/designlit