Reach thousands of readers everyday. Please contact me for details about becoming a sponsor on La Dolce Vita.
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Ten Things I Can’t Live Without: Elements of Style
Erin’s blog, Elements of Style has long been a favorite of mine. It was one of the first blogs that I started reading regularly when I had just started La Dolce Vita. Her style really resonated with me (and it still does) and I thought she had some wonderful ideas. Erin has a great eye and I appreciate the fact that she features design ideas for all budgets. From décor to fashion, she is never shy about sharing her fabulous taste with her readers.
The new "10 Things I Can't Live Without" series has been a great success so far with Eddie Ross kicking things off last week and now with the fabulous Erin to keep things going. I am so excited that she is participating in the series! I loved reading her list of “things she can’t live without” and I am sure you will, too!
1) Blogging- the best thing I’ve ever done and the way I was able to create an entire business for myself and become my own boss. The biggest luxury there is in the world.
2) Coffee- do not even THINK about trying to speak to me until I’ve had mine. It can be from anywhere, but I would be lost without my Keurig machine. I don;t drink lattes or anything fancy until winter time when a non-fat eggnog latte from Starbucks (in the red cups) becomes my weakness.
3) Yoga- the newest love of my life- I practice PranaVayu- www.insideyoga.com -three times a week and when I go without it I feel totally would up and out of shape.
4) Magazines- which are sadly becoming extinct. There is nothing better than a brand new magazine to indulge in for me (with a cup of coffee, of course). My favorites: Elle Décor, House Beautiful, InStyle, Harpers Bazaar, Lucky, Elle, Coastal Living, Canadian House & Home, Martha Stewart Living.
5 )My dogs- Baxter and Oliver, who are Havanese. Baxter was from a breeder and Oliver was a rescue off www.petfinder.com. They are what makes getting up worthwhile and never fail to make me smile!
6) My family & friends- I am seriously blessed with the FUNNIEST, loveliest, most amazing group of friends and family in the world. From my amazing parents, three brothers to my unshakably supportive husband who brought me a new magnificent set of family members.
7) Child perfume- http://www.childperfume.com/ -a forever favorite and reminds me of what is quintessentially “me”, in a really odd way. I also love the sleek simple bottle.
8) DVF wrap dresses- I have spoken about my love for them ad-nauseum in the press this year, but I can’t leave them out of my ten things I can’t live without- because I can’t live without them!
9) Chocolate- in any form, but more specifically when combined with peanut butter or mint. And especially when eaten in Paris.
10) Vintage furniture and accessories- I absolutely love things with a story and some patina. I can’t imagine living in a home of all new things. 1st Dibs is like pornography to me.