photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Lonny is Finally Here!

It's finally here! Today marks the debut of the highly anticipated Lonny Magazine, brainchild of Rubie Green fabric designer, Michelle Adams and the incredibly talented photographer, Patrick Cline. Let me tell you, in about 30 seconds I had a new favorite magazine! It is even better than I had hoped. The aesthetic is so fresh and it really fills a huge void that has been sitting in the market for some time now. The premiere issue features spreads on the homes of former Domino Magazine Senior Market Editor, Kate Townsend Simpson (featured on the cover with daughter, Elle), Eddie Ross and partner Jaithan Kolchar, Ron Marvin, Carolina Irving, and design*sponge's Grace Bonney.

I don't want to go and on about it because I really think that you should experience it for yourself. I love that Lonny is an online magazine because as much as I love pouring over the glossy pages of my favorite publications, I end up with stacks of magazines at the end of each month and don't really have the room to store them anymore. I think Michelle and Patrick are really on to something with this concept and their premiere issue knocks it out of the park. Lonny is visually stunning and is filled with incredibly inspiring content. Here's a sneak peek:




Kate Townsend Simpson's Gorgeous Home





The Country Chic Abode of Eddie Ross and Jaithan Kolchar







All images by Patrick Cline for Lonny Magazine

P.S. Don't forget to enter my Stella and Dot Jewelry Giveaway!

15 comments:

Averill said...

Yay! I'm so excited to have a new source for inspiration (and blog photos!).

I always thought domino should've just been made an online mag instead of scrapped altogether but Lonny looks like a fitting successor!

cassandra said...

oh, i cannot WAIT to see it all!! while i'll miss the feeling of a magazine in my hands and tear sheets for the bulletin board... this is going to be FANTASTIC!!! yay!!!

Arianna Belle said...

I looked it over excitedly last night and now am back to reading it over a little more thoroughly! Lots of great inspiration! Looks like Kate's home was one of your favorites too! :)

Kelly@ColorSizzle said...

Thanks for the sneak-peak! Looks like a winner. I'll now have to stop by Barnes and Noble when I run out today!

TERI REES WANG said...

Oh, I so need to get in on this game!

...thanks for the "heads up".

Julie said...

I totally agree with you. It sounds very backwards, I love that it's online! Nothing beats a glossy magazine, but like you, I just don't have the room anymore and end up storing/scanning everything electronically anyway, right?

Love Lonny. Thank you, design gods!

Unknown said...

Julie, I completely agree! As a blogger, it's actually nice to have it all online already. I hate scanning and the quality doesn't compare to the original images. I am so excited about this magazine!

Alicia B. Designs said...

I'm so into this. I can't wait to go pick it up. It seems very domino/blueprint but better!

pearlsandcouture said...

love the mag!

LindsB said...

I think everyone in blogland blogged about this today- its the best thing thats happend in a long time- love it!

LOVE WHERE YOU LIVE said...

Always glad to see a shelter pub come as opposed to going....I can see, tho, that I need to be more patient. The pages seem to take a little while to load. Of course, I admit, that right now I just wanted to skip through quickly -- just to see. Thanks for the introduction. cheers -s

Lauren Jade said...

ohhh I'm drooling. It looks amazing. I wonder if it's available in Australia :( seeing as thats where I am..

peoplecrush.blogspot.com said...

I can't believe it's a fantastical 195 pages!

Blair Friedeman said...

I am totally smitten too and agree that it is better than I even expected. Every page of content is just perfection.

Fashion Maven said...

Wow - it's 195 pages! I whipped through it so fast that I didn't even realize it.

I loved it. Especially that masculine city pad that Ron Marvin did for his friend. Amazing space - loved that dark blue bedroom with warm wood accents. Loved the whole thing.

And I just loved the other spreads too. So fresh and fun. It looks like Domino and Blueprint gave birth. I can't wait for more.

I do wish I could get it in a slightly different format. I don't think having it presented like a magazine layout really helps. I wish they'd add a hover feature that shows the details for the items they link to, like price, and where to buy.

I think they could use a really good usability designer (me!) to help them make it even more accessible to people beyond just making it look like a magazine with flipping pages. They can really do something great here with technology - they have to go beyond the basics though.

Great start. I'm a fan.