photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

High Point Recap: A Hint of What's to Come

I arrived back home from High Point last night. It was definitely a short, whirlwind trip, but it was filled with so many interesting things and people. I am incredibly grateful to Pamela Jordan and Deborah Kovacs of Furniture Brands for selecting me for this fabulous experience along with Cassandra of coco + kelley, Franki of Life in a Venti Cup, and Heather of Habitually Chic. We were fortunate enough to have exclusive, guided tours of several showrooms including Henredon, Maitland-Smith, Barbara Barry, Pearson, and my personal favorite, Hickory Chair.

On Monday night, we attended an Elle Decor cocktail party where I met Margaret Russell and fellow blogger and interior designer, Tobi Fairley. Afterward, we were treated to a lovely dinner with Hickory Chair CEO, Jay Reardon who is so nice and personable, the sweet and energetic Director of Public Relations for Hickory Chair, Laura Holland, and designers Suzanne Kasler, Thomas O'Brien, and Alexa Hampton. Cassandra and I were seated at a table with Suzanne Kasler who is the sweetest, most gracious person. She has such a kind spirit and is extremely talented. I was dying over the spaces she designed at the Hickory Chair showroom. The picture above is of my favorite room in the entire showroom, which was of course, designed by Suzanne. Stay tuned for more details about my experience at High Point along with many, many more pictures!

5 comments:

LindsB said...

Sounds like an amazing trip, I cant wait to hear more!

Tammy@InStitches said...

I know you had a wonderful time. I'm so fortunate to live only 1.5 hours from the largest home furnishings show in the world ! I used to go every year but I missed it this year. *sigh

Averill said...

I'm so jealous that you went to High Point! Suzanne Kasler's collection at Hickory Chair is one of my favorites.

Erika Ward said...

What a great opportunity and in good company too! Looking forward to seeing pics from your travels!

Things That Inspire said...

Suzanne is as nice as she is talented, and her furniture collection for HC is so beautiful. Did she share which finishes are her favorite? I am curious. Sounds like a wonderful time at High Point!