photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, April 25, 2008

The Mutual Admiration Society

Ronda, Courtney, Joni, and Me

Carolina, Courtney, Ronda, and Joni


Last night, I had the pleasure of dining with my favorite Houston bloggers, Joni (Cote de Texas), Courtney (Inside the Loop), and Carolina (Carolina Eclectic) as well as Houstonian at heart, Ronda (All the Best) who currently resides in Scotland. We had delicious Mexican food at Armando's in the heart of the River Oaks / Upper Kirby district. Seeing as how I live way out in the 'burbs, I always try to leave the house at a strategic hour in order to be on time. I arrived about twenty minutes early since traffic wasn't as bad as I had anticipated, so I drove around Avalon Place, admiring the beautiful historic homes before going to the restaurant.


I always have such a fun time when I get together with the Houston girls and really enjoyed meeting Ronda. It's fun to hear everyone's perspectives on things and to have so many different personalities together. Joni, a quintessential straight-shooter, is always a riot! Courtney has to be one of the friendliest and most stylish people I know. Carolina is my partner in soft-spoken crime. We both tend to take it all in, though we can definitely hold a conversation. She is such a genuine person. Ronda, is a very interesting woman, a real go-getter. Her drive is truly inspiring.


I've dubbed us "The Mutual Admiration Society, though the girls won't know that until they see this post. I personally admire each of them for different reasons. They are each incredibly talented, generous, and kind. I don't flatter myself to think that they would have any reason to admire me. In fact, I sometimes feel a little out of my league around them! Either way, I think it's wonderful to be able to get together and dish about our lives and our blogs and look forward to doing it again soon.

8 comments:

cotedetexas said...

Oh please! Out of your league, get a grip girl: ok - fishing for compliments:

1. You are the prettiest of the bunch, in fact - probably the prettiest at the restaurant last night!

2. Probabaly the smartest of the bunch - teaching AP spanish to high schoolers.

3. You're he most cultured with your dual languages.

4. Your blog is great, - informative and fun at the same time, and very design oriented even though you don't have a design background.

need more?

5. You are embarking on a wonderful new career and you probably are going to be making so much money you're going to have to start taking us all out!

6. You're 25 - you have your whole life in front of you to do whatever you want (personally I'd be modeling if I looked like YOU!

7. You are incredibly sweet and gentle natured and like to laugh.

ok - is 7 enough?

last night was so much fun - Houston has the best bloggers, don't we? We ARE the best! See you this summer when Ronda gets back for sure.

and, um, straight shooter? thanks.

JOni

Unknown said...

Joni, you are too much! I honestly wasn't fishing for compliments...I promise!

You, my friend, are most definitely a straight-shooter whether you like it or not. I wish I were more like you!

Want more? Okay! You're smart and hilarious. You were actually the first design blog I came across when I started blogging. I have actually learned a lot about blogging from you. I am definitely looking into Google Reader this weekend. You are such an elegant woman, always so put together.

I hope you're right about my new career because I will happily take all of you out. :) Thanks again, Joni.

Anonymous said...

Hi Paloma
Mutual Admiration Society...I like it! I completely agree w/ all of Joni's points and I wish you the best with your new endeavor. Maybe, we'll be able to see you more often :)

Topsy Turvy said...

I just want to know, how is it that so many great women can come from one city? You all look terrific and blog with the best!
-Lana

cotedetexas said...

Aw thanks Paloma, so sweet! You know, I know I said this at dinner, but I so mean it. I think that for a woman - real estate is the one field that she can excel at and make a lot of money. You don't even need to graduate college. Try to get a job asst. some really high rolling agent - work for her a few years - make contacts - and you can write your own ticket in a few years, hopefully if the market doesn't collapse totally.

Courtney said...

Paloma - You're so sweet! And Joni is right on the money with all 7 comments :) I back them!!

Great night out - always is with this group. And I like the name you dubbed us. Can't wait to see you again soon. xx

ALL THE BEST said...

I could not agree more. It was wonderful to meet you Paloma. You are truly a beautiful girl, both inside and out. All the best to you!
Ronda

pve design said...

Paloma,
Looks like the Mutual Admiration Society had a fun time! It was Ronda, that prompted me to join the blog world, shortly after I illustrated her header.
The rest is history!
Patricia