photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, April 18, 2008

Houston Real Estate: Katie Stassi's Fabulous Home

I like to visit the website for the Houston Area Association of Realtors on a regular basis. I love real estate and houses, so checking the new listings has been a regular habit of mine for quite some time. Yesterday, I came across designer Katie Stassi's fabulous Houston home. It just came on the market for It has been featured in both Domino and Paper City. Katie was recently named one of Domino's Top 10 Designers.


The house, which was originally built in 1960, was taken down to the studs and completely remodeled between 2006 and 2007. The result is decidedly fresh, feminine, modern and traditional all at once. It looks like it should belong in the Hollywood Hills. Upgrades include bleached parquet floors, Carrara marble, and Viking appliances. The one story house is nearly 4,000 square feet in size and is within close proximity to Houston's best shopping and restaurants.


If you're interested, you can see the MLS listing here.







Fantastic kitchen (I think I would need more cabinets, though.)




Another view of the kitchen



Breakfast Area


Sitting Area right off of the kitchen


Living Room


Gorgeous Master Bedroom
(Is that a real zebra skin rug? I think I'd like a faux one better. This one makes me sad.)



Master Bathroom



Office complete with seagrass carpet




Lovely playroom


Beautiful little girl's room. It reminds me of Apple's room in Gwyneth Paltrow's Hamptons House.



Another Secondary Bedroom


Saline pool and très L.A. awning



These images are from the MLS listing. It's interesting to see how different it is styled when compared to the images from Katie's website.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

This home is truly amazing. Its beautiful. But, you don't need more kitchen cabinets; you just cook less.

cotedetexas said...

What a coup'!!"!! I missed this one - wow, I wonder where she's moving to?

Sheri said...

Yes please--I'll take it as is! :D I am glad I am not the only one putting chandeliers in little girls' rooms.

Things That Inspire said...

I am completely shocked at how reasonable this house is...$989,000? For a house that was taken down to the studs? It would be twice the price in Atlanta. Great post!

Unknown said...

TTI - The house is in a great neighborhood, too! Lots of trees and lovely homes.

Anonymous said...

That's it. I'm moving to Houston. Because that house here in Marin County, the Bay Area? It would be AT LEAST $5 million. $989k buys you a 1200 sq ft 2 bedroom not touched since 1967. I should know--that's what my house is. *sigh*

Material Girls said...

Gorgeous home!

SGM said...

Amazing, Paloma! I want to move to Houston too. Now I just have to come up with several hundred thousand $. :)

Anonymous said...

One of the perks of living in Houston. I browse HAR all of the time, even when we're not officially looking for houses (it drives my husband nuts). Beautiful home.

Unknown said...

Wow! Love Love the master bathroom that is like my dream to someday have a bathroom something this. Nice pool Also.

annechovie said...

I loved this post - great to see more of her home, I could definitely move in here! I just discovered your blog via Cote de Texas and will be back regularly!

Unknown said...

Bandelle, I can't believe I didn't know you were in Houston until now. You will have to join us (Houston bloggers) the next time we get together.

Annechovie, thank you for the compliment. I have admired your art work for quite a while now. I look forward to getting to know you better. :)

mrsplainjane said...

what a pretty home! I love all the color, I'm usually such a neutral gal, but this is a fun change.

Anonymous said...

stunning. i'm always a muted palette girl at heart. her home is a true retreat from the city life of Houston. fabulous!!!!

and that cabana is ONLY out done by that enormous bathroom. Holy cow!!!

Joslyn said...

wow...this is awfully pretty!

MrsKatherineA said...

WOW! I think I'm in love with this house!! It's got the perfect mix of modern and natural elements, thank you for this post!!

{eclat} events said...

I love the house and colors! I love the seagrass carpet, it is very stylish and a great choice for Houston weather.