photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, November 5, 2007

There's an Italian Bun in the Oven


I really love Giada De Laurentiis and am incredibly excited that she announced today that she is expecting a baby girl! I really enjoy both of her shows, Everyday Italian and Giada's Weekend Getaways. Her food is simple and delicious ( I got rave reviews on my herb and citrus Italian turkey last Thanksgiving). If you've ever watched Weekend Getaways, then you probably know that she LOVES chocolate! I always crack up at the noises she makes when she is really enjoying what she is eating. She just doesn't hold back.


When asked about her pregnancy, Giada said: "When I found out I was pregnant I was in complete shock," De Laurentiis, 37, admitted. "I truly didn't believe it. I honestly thought, 'there has got to be a mistake. " But as she watched the sonograms – first a "lima bean" then a "lemon" – the Everyday Italian chef said that when she could make out fingers and toes, it "brought tears to my eyes." -People.com


Giada and her husband, Todd, a designer for Anthropologie have been married for four years, but have been together since 1991. Their baby girl is due in April.

Link to the video of her announcement on The Today Show:
http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-us&vid=3f80dde8-2676-4a6c-acf9-468d0eb773fd

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Okay, that is exciting news to me, as well. I love her. I know Daniel might be a little dissapointed considering the whole crush he has on her, but oh well. :P One thing is for sure, that will be a beautiful little girl.

franki durbin said...

Oh I just adore her. She's as tiny as can be and makes such decadent dishes. best of all, she seems as though she'd make a great girlfriend - and mom! Thanks for passing on the good news. I'd missed the announcement!