photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, April 7, 2014

Olivia Palermo: The Queen of Statement Accessories

statement olivia palermo2

A couple of weeks ago, my house and I were photographed for an upcoming editorial feature and somehow, the topic of my personal style came up. I do not consider myself a fashionista by any means, so I explained that while I love admiring fashion, I mostly wear neutral colors—black, white, navy, and camel keeping my outfits simple and adding personality through bold accessories. That day for example, I had on a men’s style, white button down shirt by Claridge + King from A Bientot and skinny black pants that I paired with a big statement necklace, some classic gold bracelets, and blue suede pumps like the ones Olivia Palermo is wearing below. I’ve admired Olivia’s style for quite some time now and while she can mix styles and patterns like no one’s business, my favorite looks of hers are when she uses simple, classic pieces as the foundation for her outfits and then adds interesting shoes, jewelry, and bags. When you dress this way, the result is chic without ever looking like you’re trying too hard. Below, you’ll find a round up of some of my favorite looks of Olivia’s along with some fabulous statement pieces to pare with your own chic basics.

statement olivia palermo4

statement olivia palermo

statement olivia palermo3

statement olivia palermo5

statement coat olivia palermo

Snip20140403_36


5 comments:

preppylove said...

I love neutral colors as well. Camel is my favorite!

Lily L-M said...

I still think of her as that girl from The City, but she got just a bad rap! She's the chicest.

x Lily
http://whilemyboyfriendsaway.blogspot.com/

All Things Big and Small said...

Olivia has the most amazing style. I love all of your picks--those high heels with leopard are gorgeous!

www.allthebigandsmallthings.blogspot.com

Ordinette said...

this post is so inspiring. She wears such classy outfits! I adore her style.
laura

Unknown said...

I love her style. As you said.From simple and basic things she can make it fabulous just by adding the right pieces.

Fabulous 30s