photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, June 5, 2009

Fabulous Room Friday: 6.5.09

This week I am loving this fabulous room by Miami-based designer, Celia Domenech. Seeing as how this was the first week of summer for many, I think that this room is perfect for the occasion! I love the cozy, laid-back vibe. Despite the casual look, the room still looks chic and pulled together. I like that Celia chose a soothing palette of greys and blues, but kept it from looking too cottage or country through the use of graphic prints and a zebra rug.


I love the floor lamp and chair seen here, but my favorite element just might be the built-in shelves piled high with books. That also spells summer to me because it symbolizes leisure time. I would imagine waking up in this house to the sounds of seagulls and crashing waves, having a yummy breakfast, then heading down to the beach for the afternoon only to return a few hours later to enjoy a good book in this cozy room.
The relaxed, beachy look continued into the dining room which opens into the family room in the first two pictures. I love the blue coral! I don't think I have ever seen it painted like that. The only colors I have seen are black, white, and red. The trio of mirrors also looks fantastic. In addition, I really like the variety of seating around the rustic dining table. I think it adds charm to the home. It seems that most beach houses feature a mish-mash of hand-me-downs from people's main residences. I like that Celia seems to play upon that concept in a stylish, polished way.


All images via Celia Domenech

12 comments:

La Maison Fou said...

I like the built in's , the coffee table and the blue coral artwork!
Leslie

Lauren said...

so cool & pretty!! love it!!

LindsB said...

I need that zig zag pillow...like now! I just love it :)

Have a great weekend with that beautiful puppy of yours!!

Jennifer said...

gorgeous! she's new to me. thanks for sharing!

Chic Coles said...

I love your blog! The 3 mirrors in the dining room are stunning!

Daly Essentials said...

I really loved how she managed to make it feel relaxed and comfortable but yet chic and stylish. It's the perfect mix!

My Galveston Cottage said...

I like the built-in cabinets as well! A nice light and refreshing room. And I agree, the geometric prints keep it youthful. see ya!

kottagekara said...

This is so wonderful I hope you don't mind I posted about it on my whimpy little blog;)

Boxwood Terrace said...

Beautiful room! I agree with you about it being beachy, but sophisticated too. It's refreshing to see beach style like this.

Marie Cole said...

Sooo fresh! Thank you for sharing! :)

My Notting Hill said...

Love the wall of shelves and the planter's chair mixed in w/the other furniture. Nice, light & bright.

Georgia said...

Gorgeous! Do you know where we can find that coffee table?