photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Saturday, January 13, 2007

About La Dolce Vita

  

Paloma Contreras is the founder and editor of the style blog, La Dolce Vita, which has garnered attention from loyal readers around the world. Paloma's work has been featured in multiple publications including the New York Times, New York Magazine, The Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal's WSJ.com, Better Homes & Gardens, 002 Houston, Apartment Therapy, and AOL’s ShelterPop. Paloma’s passion for the sweet life is reflected in the topics she explores daily from interior design and fashion to intriguing people and fabulous travel destinations.
 
 La Dolce Vita was founded in the July of 2007 as a summer respite from Paloma's former career as a high school Spanish teacher. Paloma lives in Houston with her husband Fabian and their adorable dog, Tate. 

My dog, Tate gets a lot of love around here. He is the resident cutie at La Dolce Vita and he keeps me company while I spend my days blogging. We adopted Tate when he was just a puppy in May of 2009. He is a Cockapoo, or Cocker Spaniel / Poodle mix. He's smart as a whip and is as affectionate as can be.


Erika Brechtel is a wife, mommy and brand stylist. She designs logos, websites and print pieces for stylish clients. In between it all, she finds time to blog about her latest obsessions in fashion, art and interior design.

Lauren Friedrichs is a Houston native who is on a constant quest for the perfect margarita, an affordable way to clone her dog, and to integrate style in every nook and cranny of her life.

Vanessa Stern is a Los Angeles-based Creative Recruiter by day, Design Junkie by night, Artist, Decorator, new Mommy with an obsession for tufting, Louis style chairs, and anything gold.

Arianna Vargas is a SoCal girl with a weakness for beautiful fabric, stylish storage, and fresh blooms.

Rebecca Cohenour has a “classic with a twist” aesthetic and a penchant for pink peonies, the fashion featured on Gossip Girl, Lollia Tea Leaves & Honey candle, and sophisticated pieces with feminine detailing.


Kelly is a freelance graphic designer, fashion lover, and art, photography, and decor junkie, with a weakness for fresh flowers, Tory Burch, Sunday brunches, and her rescued pup, Tucker.



Liz Schneider is a personal stylist and Chicago native on a mission to help people style their lives. She enjoys her daily coffee, making to-do lists, trying new restaurants, fresh flowers, and playing dress up.


 
 


13 comments:

Alaina @ Live Creating Yourself said...

Random question: I just love your name but have never heard it before... how did your parents think of it? Does it mean something personal to the family?

Alaina

Abby Matus said...

Love your blog! You and I have very similar design tastes. If you ever decide to sell those dining room chairs in the photo above, please let me know! I have 4 of them, from Target Global Bazaar circa 2005 or 2006, and wish I would have purchased more of them!

Unknown said...

He is SO cute!!!

Anonymous said...

I too feel in love with Barcelona when we visited 3years ago. I was viewing the city through the eyes of a healing retired art teacher. My husband gave me our trip to celebrate then completion of my breast cancer treatments. Isn't he wonderful?
We were only able to stay 2 days but it was wonderful!!
I enjoyed your photos and comments.I can hardly wait til you share more of your photos. I think I ended up with about 700 pics.
Thanks again for bringing back memories.
lwtstudios

Unknown said...

Just read your page and happy to know you also live in Houston as well! Yay :) I recently started following you and am looking forward to seeing more great postings. Also, Tate is just ADORABLE! I'm a huge doggie fan :)
http://la-lalinh.blogspot.com

Alexa said...

So great to meet you Paloma. And love that Tate! Looking fwd to working with you over the next year!

Anonymous said...

Great fun blog. And I love the map of Paris in your profile picture.

Anonymous said...

Hi Paloma-

I love the paint color on your walls! Can you tell me what Brand and the name of it is? Thanks!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the sweet comments, everyon!

Anon June 3rd, the paint color is "Aging Barrel" by Behr. We love it! It's a really nice shade of mocha and reads as a pure, rich chocolate color. The coverage with Behr paints is great, too. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the paint color; I'm excited to try it out!

Caterine said...

so glad to have found your page, I had heard so much about your magazine! I must admit I'm in love with it :)

Caterine

http://hilarydowward.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Seriously fabulous team!

Soronko Style (A Lifestyle and Home Decor Blog) said...

I enjoy reading your blog